Danessa Myricks Primadonna Yummy Skin Blurring Balm Powder Flushed ($25.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a vivid, medium-dark pink with subtle, warm undertones and a matte finish.
- Medium to semi-opaque, buildable coverage
- Very emollient, thin, and lightweight feel
- Applied best by patting/tapping onto skin or lips
- Applied evenly onto lips and cheeks but could lift base products slightly
- Long-wearing as a blush (8 hours), short-wearing as a lip color (2 hours, non-drying)
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
These are the dupes the editor has pulled but not yet rated and officially entered.
- Rare Beauty Grace (P, $20.00).
- ColourPop Parisian Chic (LE, $7.00).
- Patrick Ta She’s Vibrant (Crème) (PiP, ).
- ColourPop Splash (P, $8.00).
- Anastasia Pink Dahlia (P, $32.00).
- Becca Pamplemousse (LE, $32.00).
- Chanel Rose Ruban (602) (P, $45.00).
- ColourPop Mistress (LE, $12.00).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Tantalize Glo (Blush) (LE, ).
- MAC Heat Index (LE, $30.00).
$25.00/0.21 oz. – $119.05 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be buildable with a soft-matte finish that “blurs and smooths” both cheeks and lips with “all day wear.” The brand recommended using fingertips to apply by tapping/blending on cheeks or lips. The consistency was thin, emollient, and cream-like, but it felt more matte and powder-like as soon as I started to tap the color against my skin, whether lips or cheeks.
I felt like the thin consistency coupled with the more matte finish made it less forgiving on lips, and it worked well on bare cheeks and on top on unpowdered foundation–it did need a touch of slip as it was more prone to clinging to dryness/powder. I found it easiest to use over a sheerer foundation or on bare skin, though, as I felt like it took a bit more care to avoid it lifting up higher coverage/more matte base products.
Browse all of our Danessa Myricks Yummy Skin Blurring Balm Powder Flushed swatches.
We’re here to help you make better beauty purchases that you’ll enjoy and love! We recommend signing up to take advantage of personalized features like tracking products you own, viewing dupes that you already have, and more!
Here are some useful resources for you:
Compare Any Two
Curious how two shades compare to each other? Type in the shades below to get instant side-by-side swatches!